Saturday, August 7, 2010

coupon q&a

Since there will be some great coupons in this Sunday's paper, I wanted to start off telling you where I get my coupons...

1. The Sunday paper. For those of you on Guam, I know you don't get these. Trust me I suffered through that while living there! For everyone else though, these are the best for getting the latest coupons. **Tip** Never buy just one paper. At the least get two. That way if you find a BOGO sale (buy one get one free/half off). That way you have more than one to use.
This is also how you can build up a stockpile.

Example: a small tub of Gold & Soft butter was on sale at Vons/Safeway for .99. I had a .50/1 coupon that was doubled, making it free. BUT I had 4 of those coupons. Sooo...instead of one free tub of butter, I now have 4!

2) You can print coupons online! (Yep even on Guam!!) This is great because you are able to pick and choose what you want. You have to install a program to print them off but it is quick and easy. I have never had any problems with this.I have also never had a problem with a store taking them! You can go to:

Smart Source

Red Plum

Coupons.Com

All You Magazine

3)product packaging. Keep whatever you think you can use! Companies want your repeat business (ecspecially in this economy). So cut those coupons off of your cereal boxes, frozen dinners or soup cans. If you find one inside, keep it. Usually these are a higher value than you may find somewhere else.

Example: Goldfish went on sale but there wasn't a recent manufacturer coupon out at the time. But I had a coupon that I had found in a bag from a past purchase. I was able to get a better deal!

4. We all LOVE Facebook, right? Well guess what? When you like your favorite prodcuts pages, often times they will have coupons. I have recieved many free or bogo coupons from them.

Example: The first Monday of every month, Nabisco puts out a coupon for buy one bag of cookies and a gallon of milk, get another pkg of cookies for free. So here is what I did. I had 2 coupon for $1/1 pkg of Nabisco cookies. They were regularly priced for $1.98. I bought two pkgs. of cookies for $1.98 and a gallon of milk. However, I got the full price OFF of the cookies. Bringing the cost of the milk way down.

5. All You magazine. This magazine is found at the checkstands at Wal Mart. You can also get a subscription. (And yes they will ship it to Guam!) This magazine is filled with awesome coupons. It is $2.50 for the magazine and totally worth the price. Although just like the Sunday paper, I would recommend getting two. Trust me it is worth it.

Start saving all your coupons and have family members save for you. The next time I will be talking about the different ways that you can organize them!

3 comments:

Beth said...

ooohhhh....I am so excited!! I am so grateful you are motivating me!! I need the help!!

Susan said...

You can also write to the companies that produce food and other products. Whether you loved the product or hated it, let them know. A lot of times they will send you coupons in return. Not that I've done this lately, but in the past, I've received coupons, rebates and even checks just from sending a letter.

Your favorite sister said...

Susan you are so right! Ugh I forgot about that! Just the other day I got a check for $7 from Tyson because we bought a dinner kit that was AWFUL.

Want to contact me?

Feel free to contact me at hecimommy@gmail.com