Monday, October 25, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday




Wow, the week has completely gotten away from me! My inlaws have been visiting and I didn't plan my posts very well.

My sweet hubby leaves for a 7 mo. deployment on Friday, so I am not sure how much I will be posting this week either. Although keeping busy is a good thing during a deployment!

Anyway, here we go:

Weather in my neck of the woods: It's 5 am and still dark outside! But I think it is supposed to be rainy today!

Things that make me happy: naps!

Books I am reading: Sugar and Spice ( a collection of short stories about Christmas)

What is on my tv today: my inlaws are here so whatever they want

On the menu for dinner: chili pie casserole and biscuits

On my to do list: take my inlaws to tour the base, mail a pkg for my husband

New recipe I tried or want to try soon: I swear I have barely been in my kitchen lately :(

In the craft basket: nothing, but getting ready to start my Christmas cards

Looking forward to this week: taking the kiddos to "trunk or treat" since Halloween is on Sunday, our church has a trunk or treat on Saturday

Tips and Tricks: Before taking kids into a gift shop, let them know the amount they can spend. If any! Having a budget planned out makes it easier for them and for your wallet!

Favorite blog post of the week: I have barely posted on my own blog let alone go to others. But I am lovin' all the bento pics and ideas over at Another Lunch

Blog hopping( a new blog I discovered)same as above

No Words Needed: More Legoland fun

Lessons learned in the past few days: sometimes we are the ones that have the ability to serve others, sometimes it is us who need the service. Letting people help us is good for both parties!
On My Mind: D-Day, or in other words Deployment day! My husband leaves on Friday. 7 months on my own :(

Scriptures, devotionals, thoughts: At the moment, I've got nothin'!
I have a GIVEAWAY that is ending TONIGHT! It has low entries. So if you are interested I would love for you to stop by and sign up!

3 comments:

Susan said...

I've learned the same lesson this past week: Sometimes being stubbornly independent is just another way of being prideful. We have to let people help us, even if it's very, very, very hard for us to accept it :)

Apron Senorita said...

Love your energy and enthusiams. My days are so crazy yet there are moments that make me stop in my tracks.

Yoli - your new followers!
Apron Senorita

The Pavlik Family said...

Sending wishes that the deployment passes quickly for you and he is home safe before you know it! Thank you so much for getting me hooked on HHM's, I really look forward to the weekly outlet of ideas, emotions and thoughts and then checking up with others to see what is going on in their lives. :) ~Rosie

Want to contact me?

Feel free to contact me at hecimommy@gmail.com