Monday, October 18, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday






I can't believe it took so long for me to get this up!! I have been so BUSY today!






My in-laws are coming tomorrow and so I have been grocery shopping, meal planning, cleaning...oh and we just got back from a mini vacation last night! So to say that we are tired and busy is an understatement. Anyway, here goes...






Weather in my neck of the woods: It has been rainy and gloomy all day!!



Things that make me happy: trips to craft stores!



Books that I am reading: OK, this is awful but I can't remember the name! I am reading it on my ipod and so the title doesn't come up! Oh gracious I feel like a dork!



What's on my tv today: the kids had us DVR Scooby Doo and the Curse of the Lost Lake. Did anyone know that Shaggy and Velma are dating?!



On the menu today: I have been busy all afternoon so Dad made cresant dogs for the kiddos!



On my to do list: uhm, it is more like what isn't on there!



New Recipe I have/want to try soon: I have been looking at a ton of bento lunch sites but not many recipe ones! I need to change that!



In the craft basket: honestly, not much. I have been more creative in the kitchen though!



Looking forward to this week: Spending time with family! Ecspecially my dh as he gets ready to deploy soon!



Tips and Tricks: We took a little mini vacation this week and I can't count the number of times that a ziploc bag would have come in handy! I would recommend that you carry some with you in your purse! For used kleenex & baby wipes, snacks that are too small for a doggie bag, wet/soiled clothes, souveniers...



My favorite blog post this week: to be perfectly honest, I have been salivating over bento lunch sites all week. (: I love bento's but am just starting to make them.



Blog Hoppin' ( a new blog discovered) If you are looking for adorable ideas for lunches for your kids, go here



No Words Needed: having fun at Legoland



Lessons Learned in the past few days: patience really is a virtue!



On my mind: upcoming deployment



Scriptures, thoughts and devotionals: Normally, our family doesn't do things on Sundays. I am LDS and so we believe in not participating in activities on Sundays. We made an exception this weekend so that we could use our 2 day Legoland tickets before my husband left. All weekend, my kids kept asking us why we were there on the Sabbath. They couldn't believe that after telling them not to do things, that we were. It just really hit home that our kids do listen to what we tell them. They may not like it but they are listening. So we need to be careful what we say!!


********I am having a giveaway! I would LOVE for you to come and enter! I had an original post and than an updated post. So check out the info here

No comments:

Want to contact me?

Feel free to contact me at hecimommy@gmail.com