Sunday, October 31, 2010

3 tips on baking

I love being able to put my netbook on the counter for recipes! Then I don't have to print anything off!





I LOVE to bake.

However, so not a fan of CLEANING UP !

There are things that I do to make it a little easier on myself though.

1)the GARBAGE BOWL! Thanks to Rachel Ray, I now do this. While baking, I set out a bowl to collect my garbage. That way I don't have to worry about making trips back and forth to the garbage can. I can just make one trip at the end! (:

2) I have a BAKING BOX. Besides all my main ingredients (flour, sugar, brown sugar etc) that are housed in their own containers, everything else goes in one container. Baking powder & soda, extracts, salt, corn starch... It saves me a lot of time to just put everything back in the bucket when I am done. I also save money, because I am not re-buying things I already have (like when we left Guam and I had 3 containers of baking powder!)
3)Do you have an extra set of measuring cups? Leave them in your containers. When it comes time to bake, you don't have to look around for them. You also don't have to wash them!

4) Clean up as you go! Don't just leave everything out on the counter until you are completely done. After the item is out of the oven, you might not feel like cleaning it up! So clean as you go!

With the holidays coming up fast, I am sure that there will be a lot of baking being done! Do you like to bake? What do you do to make it easier on yourself?

No comments:

Want to contact me?

Feel free to contact me at hecimommy@gmail.com