Friday, September 3, 2010

stroller essentials



Now that my kids are back in school, I am doing a lot of walking back and forth. My baby sits in his stroller, so I have a nice little basket that I can put things in. If you drive your kids, or they ride the bus, you can still use these ideas. Keep essentials in the car or put them in your childs' backpack.

Southern California is a beautiful place, with chilly mornings and warm/hot afternoons. I always try to make sure that I have:

**my kids dress in layers. They can always pull that sweatshirt off if they get hot, right?

**hat or sunglasses. Little man will not leave either on which is why he looks the way he does in the picture!

**of course, we always need to prepare for the opposite right? Umbrella!

** a mini first aid kit. Whether it is neosporin and a couple of band aids or something more "fancy", it is always nice to be prepared. I can't tell you how many times I have had someone fall on the way to school!

** wipes. Hit up the travel section of your store and let each kid have a pack of wipes.

**water bottles. I swear kids are always "firsty"!

For girls (my daughter is 11 so this is what I give her): deodarant, brush, hair tie, chapstick and wisps (those little tooth brushes made by Colgate, she loves 'em!).

Is there anything that you try to make sure your kids have at all times? I would love to hear your ideas!

1 comment:

Beth said...

I love the idea of wipes! I also make sure I have a little toy to keep the twins happy why we wait!

Want to contact me?

Feel free to contact me at hecimommy@gmail.com