Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sweet Sundays

(from the oven to a cooling rack)

(adding the frosting)
(Yum!)


I would like to start doing a weekly meme of my own. OK I am completely computer illiterate and don't know how to make a blog button. ): So this might be kind of rough at first! lol But please come and link up anyway!

Every Sunday I like to make a treat for my family. It is nice to have a sweet to start our week out. Of course leftovers go into lunchboxes the next day.

So here are the rules....
*If you have a blog, share a favorite sweet recipe. Pictures are always fun but not necessary!

**At the end of your post, please link back to me. That way if others want to add a link they can.

* Come link up so that everyone can see your recipe. Make sure to just link to the individual post and not your whole blog.

** Have fun!

***Oh and if anyone would like to make me a blog button, I would be very appreciated!

I had planned to make a fun recipe for rootbeer cupcakes and realized I was missing a couple of ingredients! So instead I pulled out a brownie mix. I was just going to make plain old brownies when I saw the recipe on the back of the box. " No headache ice cream sandwiches". These were very easy to make...

**Preheat oven to 350.
**Combine browne mix with 1/3 cup of vegetable oil and 2 eggs.
**Stir until combined.
** Roll into balls and bake for 11-13 minutes or until done.
**Place upside down on a cooling rack.
**Cover one side with frosting. We used strawberry, but you could use chocolate, vanilla, mint...it's up to you.
**Cover with another cookie

Very,very easy and yummy. These are very similar to the recipe I have for homemade Oreos or Whoopie Pies. If you make them, let me know what you think!

No comments:

Want to contact me?

Feel free to contact me at hecimommy@gmail.com