Thursday, September 30, 2010

Cooking Thursday~ honey ham





By 7am yesterday morning, I knew it would be a day where I did not want to make dinner.

My choices were...hire a personal chef, eat out, or turn to my good friend...my crockpot.

After I had decided on a crockpot meal, my son asked, "Mom can you pleassssssse make honey ham?

Since I had everything I needed I said sure!

I like to get the Farmland half hams to make this recipe. I had a pkg of turkey ham also and decided to make it all at once.

Place ham in bottom of crockpot.

Pour a can of thawed oj concentrate on top.
Add about 1/2 cup of brown sugar to the top.
Then pour maple syrup on top. I didn't measure, because I was using what was left in the bottle.
Cook on low for 4-5 hours.
This is sooo quick and easy and my kids love it!

I served this with rolls, mashed potatoes & gravy and steamed vegi's.

For more yummy recipes, head on over to Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for Cooking Thursday!

3 comments:

Beth said...

YUMMY!!

Jen said...

This sounds really good. Where is the honey? :-) I love all the ingredients tho!!

I'm making this soon.

Your favorite sister said...

LOL Jen. I guess we did forget something didn't we?! Actually we use either syrup or honey. You get the same sweetness. (:

Want to contact me?

Feel free to contact me at hecimommy@gmail.com